Sunday, July 1, 2007

At the airport!

Greetings everyone! I am here in LAX awaiting my flight to New Zealand, where I will be spending 11 days before heading to Adelaide. My flight leaves in five hours, and this terminal is painfully small. There are two restaurants and a Starbucks, all of which I plan on visiting while here.

So a little over a year ago I was waiting in this same terminal (at this same gate!) for the flight to Costa Rica. In fact, if I were to just sit around here until 2:25 AM, I could potentially just go to CR instead. It *is* tempting, but would probably not work out too well.

While waiting in the security line (which went much faster than expected, considering it was wrapped all around to the other set of gates), I met a group of four guys who will be on my flight. They are heading to the South Island to go heli-skiing pretty much when they disembark the plane. It sounded very exciting, but I will probably be going straight to sleep instead of jumping out of helicopters with skis when I arrive. I kept accidentally knocking them around with my gigantic, unwieldy backpack and I don't think they were impressed.

I don't feel like I am really leaving, and especially not for six months. I wonder when it will finally kick in. I am not looking forward to 13 hours on an airplane.

I am very uninspired. Can you tell? I wanted at least one post here before I sent out the address. I hope future posts will be more interesting.

Oh, and just in case you are curious, here is where I will be in New Zealand:

And just in case you are Emily and think NZ is located in Europe, here is New Zealand:

Good bye for now!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Hey you'll be fine and um Koala Bears... don't even think about coming back with out one! You will be how should i put it... Shunned!

Miss you tons already
~III

Laura said...

*unshun* I cannot believe I have not even been gone for 24 hours and I am already potentially shunned!!! *reshun*


(How about I bring home a Kiwi bird instead? They are soooooooo cute!!)