Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wineglass Bay

Today was one of the best days I have ever had in Australia ever. We left Bicheno in the morning and headed to Wineglass Bay. A bunch of people from my group and I hiked up Mt. Amos, making this the second peak I climbed in three days. A lot of it was vertical scramble up rocks; my calves were killing me by the end. It was worth it, though: when we first reached the top the bay was covered in thick clouds, but after about ten minutes they cleared and the bay became visible. It was awesome. I will demonstrate with lots of pictures.










This is the beach we swam in at the end of the hike. The peak we were on is the one covered in clouds.

That evening a few friends and I went on a ghost tour of Port Arthur. It was a lot of fun, except when Matt kept scaring me and Anna on purpose, which was totally not funny at all. Afterwards we all got our 'I survived the ghost tour' certificates signed with names from Lord of the Rings, and the tour guide asked Gandalf if his name was spelled with a G, which kind of made our night because we are dorks.

No comments: