Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Let me in, I'm staaahving!

Today I took a bus to the Cadbury Chocolate Factory, and it was awesome. As soon as you stepped off the bus the air smelled like chocolate. The people going on the tour were herded into a room and told to remove all jewelry. I didn't want to take out my earring, and so the little old lady giving the tour snuck up behind me and put tape on it. In the process, she somehow managed to tape my glasses onto my ear. Then, she made us all wear hair nets. Thus decked out, we began our tour.

Everywhere you walked there were machines wrapping chocolate and chocolate riding on conveyer belts and fruit getting covered in chocolate. It was very busy! I can't say much more about it, because it was essentially just a factory.

Afterwards we ended up at the Cadbury bargain store, which was awful because they sold 'defect' chocolate that did not meet weight specifications (but was otherwise normal) for $6 for three blocks (one block is normally $2.95). I also got a huge bag of Freddo Frogs. Then I sent them all away as gifts, because I am the nicest person ever.

I met some incredibly nice people on the tour, and we all drove back to Hobart. They were very funny and I was so happy I met them! Meeting people is always good.

Other than that, today was pretty boring for you to hear about. I wandered along the waterfront, where there were floating fish and chip shops, and around Elizabeth Mall, an outdoor pedestrian mall with lots of shops. I bought shirts. I really didn't need more things, but there you go.

Starting tomorrow I am going to be travelling all around Tasmania with Adventure Tours Australia for six days. I will try my best to update, but I'm not sure how often that will be. It should be amazing, though. I will let you know all about it as soon as I can.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But was Augustus Gloop there, and did he fall into the chocolate river?

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
Just got around to see that you have 2 new blogs.

The chocolate factory did not seem as amazing without Willie Wanka. Charlie sold out to a chain and is now living on his own island in the Bahamas.

Hope you are having a marvelous time on the other side of the world.
Love,
MOM

Miriam said...

Lauraaaa!!! I was so happy you called me yesterday! It was the best thing EVAR.

I'm glad you didn't fall in the chocolate river.

I miss yoooooooooooooooooouuuu!

Anonymous said...

Violet -- You're turning Violet, Violet.... Love, your favorite oompa loompa, Joie

Rick said...

YAY!!! for chocolate. The second box arrived btw. I'm glad you're having fun and can't wait to hear how the tour went.

III